Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

The moment 2012 began I was holding A7 off. I missed the flop when the hand was suspended while everyone at the party hugged and kissed and wished each other all the best for the new year. My first poker act of the year was a fold.

What better way to ring in a new year than playing poker with your friends and family? In my case it was a very informal tournament-style game with my wife, my sister-in-law Liz, and friends Lee and Wally. It broke up at around 2 a.m. with Liz and I agreeing to split the pot. My share of the winnings included a scratch-n-win lotto ticket worth $9.

May 2012 be a great year for you at the poker table, but more importantly I wish you a healthy, happy year in which poker is just one part of your balanced life. Remember the important things; friends, family, and not calling all-in bets with just a gut-shot draw....Not that I'm bitter about that particular bad beat. That was last year, after all.

My best to you all. I hope we can help each other become better players this year.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment