Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Better Poker Blog Than Mine

I used to make fun of poets who never read poetry. I found it hilarious that so many people thought you could just sit down and start writing poetry without ever bothering to read poetry yourself. Yet here I am, writing a poker blog and I don't even read other poker blogs - does this make me a hypocrite?

I guess I am afraid of becoming a poker-zombie. I do NOT want to live and breathe poker, because I think doing so will make me a predictable player as well as an unbalanced person. Still, I think it is wise to see what other people think of the game. I hope some of you are learning something from reading my blog, and I certainly know I can learn from the blogs of others.

The first blog I have stumbled upon that seems pretty good is http://www.taopoker.blogspot.com/ . I hesitate to tell you about it because many of you will read this blog instead of mine, because it is a whole lot better. Oh, well. The blog is put out for over eight years by Paul McGuire a guy who writes regularly for Bluff Magazine and the Poker Player Newspaper. As a full-time writer he puts out a lot of posts, so you can pretty much stay up to date on what all the poker-geeks are buzzing about. Just be careful not to become a geek yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment