Friday, June 3, 2011

Holy Crap....I'm Sick of Poker

Wow.

Last week I posted about free roll tournaments. Today I spent my entire freaking day off playing in one: a No Limit Hold 'em free roll with a full field of 7,600 people. Usually I get knocked out after three or four hours in somewhere between 300th and 700th place, but today the stars aligned I played really well and got exceptionally lucky, and made it all the way to second place. I really should have won it as I had a big chip lead when it got down to heads up, but my American opponent took me to pieces. Still second place isn't bad; I got $13.50 for my six hours sitting in front of a computer. That's $2.25 an hour. Whoopee!

Okay, I do feel great about out lasting 7,598 others. But my sense of accomplishment is actually overwhelmed by how absolutely sick I am of playing poker. It's like a freaking JOB! I swear I'm gonna take a week and not play poker, or watch poker, or check the WSOP on-line, or read about poker, or even talk about poker for at least a week. If you know me and you hear me even say the word poker, please punch me in the mouth.

See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment