Monday, June 27, 2011

I'm a Bankroll Moron

Hello. My name is Tyler and I can't play poker within my bankroll limits.

A few weeks ago I discovered how to turn a large amount of play money into a small amount of real money. I then slowly built that small amount until I had quadrupled it. Then I took that entire amount to a table and lost it all. I turned some play money into real money again and this time I was much more disciplined, turning $2 into $35 in about a week. Then I took the entire amount to a table and lost it all. Repeat this pattern two more times and you begin to get the picture.

No matter what stakes you play for and no matter how good you are, if you can't control your impulse to gamble then you will lose your entire bankroll. Playing poker above your bankroll limits is taking an unnecessary risk. It is gambling. It happens to micro-stakes players like me, and it happens to high-stakes players who can't control their impulses.

I'm coming clean about my bankroll management failures in hopes I can break this pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment