Saturday, September 3, 2011

My On-Line Down Fall

Friends, I come before you a shameful man. I have sinned in the eyes of the Poker Gods and I have ignored my our good advice and the council of my bankroll manager (my wife). I allowed the excitement, the rush, to overrule my common sense and it has led to the devastation of my on line bankroll. Here is the sad story.

Just two weeks ago I signed up with 888 poker and received $8 for doing so. I started out with the intention of just playing the 2 cent tables and building the bankroll. And that is just what I did for the first week, building it up to $24. Then I started straying up to the 5 cent tables, and while the results were inconsistent, I still was winning. Two days ago my on-line balance was $57.

Then yesterday I went nuts. I took $30 - a majority of my bankroll- to a table where the big blind was 30 cents .I played very well, and got a bit lucky. After two hours at this table I had turned that $30 into $99. My on line bankroll was now $126. But did I stop? Did I quit while I was ahead? Yes I did! I stopped. I turned the computer off. I took a shower. I swore to myself I was not going to play poker for the rest of the day. I fed the dogs. Then turned the computer back on. Took $120 to a table where the big blind was $1. And I lost it all in five minutes.

Stupid. Dumb. Idiotic.

Please people. Do as I say, not as I do.

I swear, if it takes me ten years I will build this $6 into $126.

Back to the 2 cent tables!

No comments:

Post a Comment