Friday, June 8, 2012

A Nice Story

When you lose $240 playing poker, like I did today, it's nice to hear a good story to lift the spirits. Today that story comes from Dr. David Arsht, a 66 year-old semi-retired urologist from Philadelphia who won the $1,500 buy in Limit Hold'Em event at the WSOP. As poker seems to be increasingly dominated by young pros, how great is it to see a mature amateur take down a bracelet? Good for you doctor!

I'm not sure Nolan Dalla, who writes the news releases for the WSOP, really needed to write "The semi-retired urologist emptied a poker bladder of 730 entrants." But then again, I guess I really didn't need to repeat that. 

I see in his post-victory interview Arsht thanks his wife who let them alter their original holiday plans so that the good doctor could play in the tournament. I'm sure my wonderful wife would do the same for me...someday...but I guess I'll have to start winning again before that even becomes an issue.

1 comment:

  1. Me too... I couldn't hit the floor if I fell off my chair these days...

    ReplyDelete