Thursday, July 12, 2012

How Much Do I Buy in For?: Part 3

Another good day yesterday when I took $100, played for four hours, and left with $120. I only played one big hand - I was dealt pocket aces and someone bet $40 ahead of me. I moved all-in, thinking a call was likely, and sure enough I was called and doubled up. Now I wonder, if I had $300 in front of me, would my opponent have been so quick to call? Would he have been able to bluff me off a board full of straight draws and flush draws?

Playing small-buy-in poker suits my conservative style, but it might not work for your style. If you are a more aggressive player, a big stack allows you to contest a lot of pots and get action when you do catch a hand.

What works for one person may not work for another - which is why poker is so great. There is no right and wrong, just what works and what doesn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment