Sunday, August 4, 2013

Quick Disaster and Slow Recovery: The Jesus Challenge, Day 45

I look back wistfully at my last JC post; day 18 when my bankroll was over $40. Sigh. Twice I managed to break up over $50 before, once again, things went terribly wrong. I went on a terrible run over a two week period where I lost money almost every single day. Usually the loses were small, but sometimes the loses were dramatic. When the two weeks were over my poor little bankroll was down to under $10.

I felt mentally broken. I had a great urge to just toss it all away and start again, going back to playing freerolls. Instead I decided I needed to play even more disciplined. My new plan was to aim for smaller targets- to break things into 50 session segments and to aim for coming out ahead in each segment. If I suffer a bad loss, I can usually recover that loss over the course of the segment. This new method has, so far, worked well. My gains have been modest, but consistent. I have taken some big losses (both by bad play and bad beats) but theses have been offset by my long-term positive play. My bankroll is just over $18 now.

Because I am taking this long term approach, I don't think I'll be giving you any bankroll updates for a while. It's just to boring to write and read about. I will write posts that I think might give you some insight into the game of poker (should I have any insights), but I'm going underground on the JC posts until I either break $100 or go bust.

No comments:

Post a Comment