Thursday, April 7, 2011

Slow Rolls Revisited

It's funny. Last Saturday I wrote a post (Eight Months and Eighty Two Posts Later) in which I basically bragged about how I had gotten back to even lifetime. I said I was going to proceed with caution. Then what do I do? I break my bankroll rules and lose $200.


Two days ago I wrote a little post (Slow Rolls) in which I said I don't understand why people get so angry when they get slow rolled. Well, after my crummy day yesterday ( Getting Run Over) I understand that annoyance. In the hand I described where I busted out, the lady who beat me made a runner-runner full house for a virtually unbeatable hand. Did she have to wait so long after I showed my pocket kings to announce they were no good? Quite frankly, suffering a bad beat is bad enough without having salt rubbed in the wound. Earlier I had a guy river the nut flush on me when I was holding two pair, and he also slow-rolled me and that pissed me off a bit too.


Still, I think there is little point in getting angry about slow rolls. Getting angry will just put you on tilt. Shrug it off. Put it behind you.


Easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment