Sunday, April 17, 2011

Yikes! FBI Comes After Internet Poker!

I went to log into my favourite on-line poker site yesterday but found I couldn't connect to it. I went then went to the website and was greeted with a message from the FBI saying they had taken over that domain, and that criminal charges were being filed against the company!


Yes. American law enforcement has shut down three sites: Absolute Poker, Poker Stars and Full Tilt Poker, on charges that have to do with "tricking" U.S. banks and credit card companies into allowing american citizens to tranfer money to and from their gambling sites. If you want to check out the news release from the FBI, you can follow this link:
FBI vs On-Line Poker


What does this mean? Well it looks like a lot of people are wondering how they are going to get their money out of these sites! I'm mildly annoyed because I do enjoy playing free-rolls and play-money games on Full Tilt and I also was going to use the site to do a few "experiments" - guess I'll have to go elsewhere! Even though I am a Canadian my access to the site is cut off.


Any way this is a very interesting issue and it will be fascinating to see how it plays out.

2 comments:

  1. I commend the FBI for arresting the CEO's. Quite frankly it is a shame that they have not gone after the bank CEO's. FBI I am ashamed of you. What these men did was beyond bad netiquette. Their lawyers should be arrested as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you read what these people allegedly did to circumnavigate the law, it is hard to argue! Yes, it appears that (should the allegations turn out to be true) several banks were complicit in the fraud. So why no charges?

    ReplyDelete