Saturday, June 20, 2015

A Musical Interlude...

Before I take you back to the Amazon Room, let me share some of the songs that, when this is made into a movie, will  made up the soundtrack. (I will continue to add to this as the movie continues being written)

Get Lucky - Daft Punk/Pharrell.
This is the theme song for the trip. I heard it everywhere and it is appropriate as all get out. Apparently I was only one of two people on the planet who did not know who sang it - the other being the Starbucks employee that I asked, "Who sings this?" He thought it was Bruno Mars, but then he Shazammed it and we both learned something.
Beautiful Day - U2.
See my first Vegas post.
My Sharona - The Knack.
For the rest of my life I will associate this song with learning to play 2-7 lowball games while having lunch at TGI Fridays two hours before entering the WSOP.
She's a Sensation - Ramones : If you are in Vegas, do yourself a HUGE favor and go to BJ's - a bar one block east of the MGM Grand on Tropicana. The food is outstanding and so is the music they play. Where else are you gonna hear an obscure Ramones song like this? Nowhere.
You Don't Have to Be a Star - Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis
Maybe I was delirious at this point, but listen to the baseline on this song! This song is way better than I remember it being. Seriously. I heard it walking around the Cosmopolitan, I think. It stopped me dead.
Let it Go. - Idina Menzel.
Eric goes in to a bathroom and starts doing his business at the urinal. The are also two obviously gay flamboyant young men in there. A big redneck comes in and starts giving the boys a hard time, trying to make them uncomfortable. The two don't say anything, but start singing "Let it Go." The redneck gets very uncomfortable and leaves as fast as he can. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment