Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Journey Begins

So, I started the day reading stories and singing songs to kids in a bookstore in Calgary, and I finish the day up $192 playing video poker in Las Vegas.

My buddy Eric took care of everything logistics wise. While I spent the morning doing my "Icky Sticky Bubblegum" schtick to toddlers, Eric was arranging getting us on standby and booking accommodation. I would highly recommend that anyone planning anything last-second and crazy like a sudden trip to Vegas have a friend like Eric, who will do all the work for you. If this were a movie, you could not have a character like Eric in it, because Eric eliminates all conflict that movies need. Eric gets shit done and he does it quietly without any fuss. Eric also snores very loudly, but hey, nobody's perfect.

Tomorrow, win or lose, I'll cross one off the bucket-list and enter the ten-game mixed event at the WSOP at the Rio. This is event #39 I think. It does not start until 4:00pm, which is great because that gives me almost all day to figure out how to play three of the ten games that I've never played before. I've played almost an hour of Badugi online, so I'm feeling pretty confident there.

Has anyone ever been less prepared to play in the WSOP than me? I plan on using my lack of experience to my advantage, as it will be so apparent that I don't know what I'm doing that no one will be able to get a read on me.

So goodnight from the lovely Howard Johnson motel off the strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment